Saturday, May 7, 2011

Flowers for Mom's Day


Mother's Day is traditionally celebrated with breakfast in bed and flowers -- so I combined the two with cookie flowers your Dear Mom can eat off her breakfast tray.  That being said, my Mom is up and out WAY before me so it is almost impossible for me to bring her breakfast in bed (I think she does this because she has flashbacks to having to clean up the mess when we were kids;).  Nevertheless, I made her these cookies, and here is how I made them.

Using your favorite sugar or rolled cookie recipe, roll out and bake according the the recipe.

Materials Needed for Decorating:


  • royal icing -- I cannot stress enough how much I love the royal icing when made with Ateco meringue powder
  • piping bag
  • piping bottle for flooding the cookies and the dots
  • gel colours of your choice -- I used white, pink, yellow and purple
Using a tip #3, outline the cookies and let them set up before flooding. 








Using a piping bottle, flood with white icing and then use your a colour and dot it in the middle.  









I really like the way they turned out so I decided to make more flowers and polka dotted cookies (I do love polka dots).  

 I say I love you everyday to my Mom.  Today I'm going to say I love you and give her some pretty cookies.  


No comments:

Post a Comment