Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ginger Doodle Cookies - Recipe


Some people save ginger cookies for the fall or winter but not me, I think they are great all year round.  My friend Deny from http://growlingdogdesign.com/ who created my totally cute logo asked for some gingerbread cookies but I thought she needed to taste these Ginger Doodles.  That being said she also mentioned she loves the cuteness of a gingerbread man so I made a few Yoga People for her too.  


I thought I might share the Ginger Doodle recipe with you, and here it is...   


2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1¼  tsp ginger
1¼  tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
¾ cup vegetable oil (preferably canola)
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp coarse white sugar (for sprinkling)
1 large egg, at room temperature
¼ cup + 1 tbsp molasses

Preheat oven to 350o

I always cover my cookie sheets with parchment paper – you don’t have to do this, but I do, so you may or may want to include this step.

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl -- flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.  Set Aside.

In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat together oil and sugar until really well combined.  Add the egg and molasses, and beat well.  Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop to get pretty even size cookies) onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving one or two inches between cookies to account for spreading out. 

Sprinkle lightly with course sugar (you can use regular sugar if you don’t have course sugar on hand).

Bake for 10-12 minutes – until quite puffy and crinkled.

Cool on baking rack.

MAKES 30-36 COOKIES 

I hope you make these soon and they make your kitchen smell super sweet and spicy.  OR, as with anything on this blog, you can order these and many other interesting drop cookies from Flour Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment